Friday, July 15, 2016

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY (A COUPLE WEEKS LATE) EDDIE!!



Well, my baby boy is 6 years old! Despite our best efforts to keep him from growing up, he seems determined to keep doing it. He finished kindergarten this year with flying colors. He can read on his own and count to over 100. He can do simple math like adding and subtracting single digits. He also learned a little bit of Spanish in his class. He is enrolled in a dual language program so he will be learning Spanish all through school and should, theoretically, graduate high school fluent in both Spanish and English if he stays in the program. 


He still loves to come crawl into our bed early in the morning and cuddle with me. He likes to hold onto my pinky finger and pinch it. When he wakes up he'll say, "Momma, Momma, pinchy finger." He's always liked to pinch my pinky since he was just a baby and it doesn't look like he'lll outgrow it anytime soon. 

Although he is one of my cuddliest kids, he also finds it super embarrassing if I try to hug or kiss him in public. He tells me that his friends will laugh if I do it so he tries to avoid me whenver I try. I admit that I try to do it anyway just because I think it's funny how embarrassed he is by it. It's funny that my 15 year old will still hug and kiss me in public, but my 6 year old thinks he's too cool for that. 

Eddie likes to play soccer and can run and run and run all over the field. He is pretty good at it and even made a copule goals during soccer season. This summer he has become a fairly competent swimmer who doesn't need any type of floatation device. It's been a nice change to be able to sit on the side and watch the kids swim versus having to be in the pool with them, watching them non-stop. We did have one close call the first day we went swimming where Eddie had to be rescued by  the lifeguard. Even though I'd spent about 2 hours in the pool with him, testing him and making sure he still remembered how to swim, he decided to go down the slide and instead of swimming to the ladder, he decided to swim out to where Kailyn was to ask her a question. Kailyn didn't want Eddie to bother her or get on her float so she climbed over him, pushing him under and then swam away with her float. Eddie couldn't recover and started to scream for Kailyn, who just ignored him. I was on the other side of the pool watching everything happen and trying to get Kailyn to take the float back to him but she couldn't hear. The lifeguard was watching and when Eddie went under the water, he blew his whistle and jumped in and pulled Eddie out. Eddie was more scared than anything but I was so mad at Kailyn. I had to pull her out and lecture her about how she almost drowned her brother becuase she was being selfish. I also had to explain to Eddie that he is to always swim to the ladder and not out into the pool since he just isn't a good enough swimmer yet. What a way to start the summer!

Eddie is a very smart, and active boy who loves attention from his family and friends but can be very quiet when in a new situation. He follows rules well at school and church but can be quite sneaky at home. He can be a little bit of a bossy, brat at home too since he's the baby and used to getting his way. We are working on that though. We do love him though! We are so grateful that Heavenly Father sent him to our family because we can't imagine our life without him in it!

All About Me
1. Who is your favorite person in the whole world? Isaac 
2 What is your favorite color? Red
3. What is your favorite show? Star Wars
4. What is your favorite outfit? I don't know.
5. What song do you love best? I Love to See the Temple
6. What's your favorite cereal? Froot Loops
7. Who's your best friend? Isaac
8. What do you want to be when you grow up? I don't know.
9. What's your favorite book? I don't know
10. What are you really good at? I'm good at flying my helicopter.
11. Where do you want to go on vacation? Grandma's house
12. What would you buy if you had $100? A remote contorl helicopter.
13. What do you do for fun? umm...play on the Wii
14. What is your favorite animal? Uhh...lion, wait tiger.
15. Why do you want to be a 6 year old? I don't know.

And now his perceptions of us:

All about My Mom
1. How old is your Mom? 25
2. What is your Mom's favorite color? Pink
3. What is your Mom's favorite food? oatmeal
4. How tall is your Mom? 88
5. What shoe size does she wear? 15
6. What is her favorite TV show? House
7. What time does your Mom wake up in the morning? I don't know
8. What does you Mom do while you're at school? Take a nap.
9. What is your Mom's first name? Jennifer
10. What do you like best about your mom? You let us go out for dinner. 

All about your Dad
1. How old is your dad? 29
2. How much does dad weigh? 50
3. What is Dad's favorite food? Cereal
4. How strong is your Dad? 51
5. What's Dad's job? Working
6. What does Dad do at work? I don't know.
7. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad? Help him carry wood
8. How tall is your Dad? 29
9. What do you like best about your Dad? He let us have treats when we go to Menards, 
10. What is your Dad's first name? Robert


HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY EDDIE-SPAGHETTI!!
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robert Allen

miscarriage