Thursday, February 18, 2016

Happy 7th Birthday Kailyn!

Yes I know....I failed to post on here or interview Sterling for his birthday. :::::Sigh:::: Consider it a mom fail on my part. Seems too late to worry about it now so I'll just pick up with Kailyn.


Amazingly, she has survived yet another year in my care! Not only that, but she has thrived and even seems...happy! Not that it's hard to make or keep our baby K happy. She's probably the easiest one of all the kids to keep happy. I think that's due in large part to the fact that she loves to please people and make them happy. I can't tell you how many times she tells me I'm the best mom, or that she loves me. Or when I make a mistake and apologize, she'll say, "That's ok. I still love you and you're still the best mom!" A definite people pleaser, that girl is! And while I appreciate that to some extent, I hope that she learns to also be a strong and courageous girl who stands up for what's right.

She does already have a highly developed sense of right, wrong and justice. She is a rule follower and it frustrates her to no end, when others don't follow the rules. I never worry about her getting in trouble at school because I don't think she'd dare to intentionally break a rule. She is very good at following directions and staying on task. Both of which make her a great student.

She is also a good friend and never wants anyone to feel left out. She tries so hard to make sure that everyone is happy. When I ask her if she likes someone, she'll say yes, then always add, "And I like you too, Mama!" Or if I say someone is pretty, she'll tell me, "Mom, you're the prettiest too." It really cracks me up! I don't know that I've ever met a child so concerned with making sure no one gets their feelings hurt, even accidentally!

She is still so much a girly girl. She loves dresses and we struggle to get her to wear anything else. I think she has, like, 6-7 outfits that she rotates through on a regular basis. I'm not sure that she really wore pants at all this winter, preferring to wear fleece lined leggings. Some battles just aren't worth fighting with a determined little girl who has definite ideas on what is fashionable! Of course, according to her, she is going to be a fashion girl when she grows up so who am I to argue with a professional!

Aside from being fashionable, a rule follower and people pleaser, Kailyn is also very bright (though I may be prejudiced). She loves to read and will devour anything she can get her hands on that's even remotely age appropriate. She keeps dozens of books in her room and can be found with the light on after bedtime reading. She is also in love with American Girl dolls, though she only has the generic brand since Mom and Dad can't afford to spend $120 on a real one, but she doesn't care. She loves the two that she has and plays with them all the time. She talks to them and about them like they're real. It's so cute. Their names are Sydney Lee and Shannon and Kailyn is a very good mommy to them both. I can't wait to see the kind of mom she becomes when she's grown, if it's anything like the one she is to her babies.

Another cute thing I love about this girl is how much she loves each of her siblings. I've posted many times about how I cherish her relationship with Emmy, but I also adore how she loves her biggest brother, Sterling. She just adores him. In fact, Sterling gave her the nickname that we all use now, It's Sweets. He's such a good big brother to her and to all his siblings for that matter. Of course, Kailyn still loves her big sissy and has a group of Emmy's friends that she calls her girls. I just love it!

Basically, Kailyn keeps growing up and she is the same girl she's always been; sweet, patient, kind and loving. Just a little bigger...and perhaps just a tiny bit of attitude at times. But we wouldn't want her any other way! We are so blessed to have this girl to call our own!

All About Me
1. Who is your favorite person in the whole world? Kate
2 What is your favorite color? Blue
3. What is your favorite show? Ever After High
4. What is your favorite outfit? A yellow dress with flowers and butterflies. The one I just wore yesterday!
5. What song do you love best? Made Mistakes All Way (a.k.a I am the One by Brooke Hughes)
6. What's your favorite cereal? It's the chocolate ball cereal, whatever it's called. (Cocoa Puffs)
7. Who's your best friend? Kate
8. What do you want to be when you grow up? A fashion designer
9. What's your favorite book? Ever After High
10. What are you really good at? Making friends
11. Where do you want to go on vacation? At Japan
12. What would you buy if you had $100? A hundred...I would by....fashion dress stuff...fashion dresses.
13. What do you do for fun? I play games.
14. What is your favorite animal? Swan
15. Why do you want to be a 7 year old? Becuase so that I can be baptized when I'm 8.

And now her perceptions of us:

All about My Mom
1. How old is your Mom? Easy peasy, 35!
2. What is your Mom's favorite color? ummm, maybe blue?
3. What is your Mom's favorite food? Vegetables
4. How tall is your Mom? Ummm...uhhh, I don't know. Umm...35 inches?
5. What shoe size does she wear? 35 and 36
6. What is her favorite TV show? umm, ummm, I don't know a grown up show. Oh wait, probably Bones!
7. What time does your Mom wake up in the morning? 12 o'clock...I think.
8. What does you Mom do while you're at school? Um, go to the gym.
9. What is your Mom's first name? Jennifer! Easy!
10. What do you like best about your mom? That she's lovely and kind. 

All about your Dad
1. How old is your dad? 38.
2. How much does dad weigh? Umm...40?
3. What is Dad's favorite food? Vegetables.
4. How strong is your Dad? Umm, ummm, 30?!
5. What's Dad's job? Solve hard problems with math.
6. What does Dad do at work? Work hard math. 
7. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad? umm, play!
8. How tall is your Dad? So...40.
9. What do you like best about your Dad? That he umm..that he likes to play...around.
10. What is your Dad's first name? Robert

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY RAINBOW BABY!
WE'RE SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE OURS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robert Allen

miscarriage