So, we've had a pretty cool day today. Rob attended a conference at work today and at the end day there was drawing for door prizes. Rob never wins at these things so imagine my surprise when I get a call from Rob telling me he has a surprise for me when he gets home. When I got home my surprise was...a new camera!! His ticket was the first one drawn and he got his choice of prizes. He choose a red Kodak EasyShare. I've been wanting a new camera for a loooong time and have been checking out ads and online to see how much cameras cost. I'm so excited!! Right now it's charging on our mantel and I can't wait to use it!! Thanks Rob!!!
Tonight we also decided to carve pumpkins for Halloween. Sterling and Emmy had huge pumpkins and Joe and Cori's were smaller. I helped Sterling and Emmy and Rob helped Joe and Cori. It was a lot of fun and really messy, but the kids were very proud of their work. Aren't they scary/cute?!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Cori had his birthday on Saturday and is now 3 years old! Yea!!! One of his presents was a sit and spin. He just loves it and being the kind, considerate child that he is, he wanted to share that enjoyment with his beloved cat, Spike. Doesn't she look thrilled with the arrangement? Always concerned with customer service there was a short satisfaction survey following the ride:
Cori: Was that fun?
Cat(who oddly enough sounds a lot like Cori): Yes
Well, there you have it. Straight from the cat's mouth!
As a side note to this story, you will notice that Cori is wearing underpants in these pictures. That's right, he's potty training and doing an awesome job. The first day we had 6-7 accidents but the last 2 days he has been dry! Yea!!! Hopefully, it will stay that way from now on. Finally, no more diapers (except at nap and bed time!)
Posted by JJ at 8:08 AM
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I am not usually a paranoid person, in fact I consider myself pretty rational and level headed, but this pregnancy has totally messed that up! I attribute it to our recent bad luck in the pregnancy department. As you can see in the pregnancy updates, we had a sono recently. This was not a scheduled sono (that's not until Oct. 21) but because I am paranoid and I can turn anything into a possible problem we had this done. I won't go into details, but needless to say that everything was fine and it was probably all in my head, plus I was at the same point in my pregnancy that we lost Robert Allen. It was amazing though to see our little baby moving and the little heart beating. We saw legs and hands and feet and head. We also saw the stomach and kidney and bladder. Baby is swallowing fluid just like it should. Way to be normal baby!! The measurements showed the baby to be right on schedule with no visible problems. We will still have another sono on the 21st since they couldn't clearly see everything they wanted to on the ultrasound (like the 4 chambers of the heart). And in case you're wondering, no we don't know what we're having. And if we find out at the next one we won't tell anyway. Chances are that we will do what we did last time, Rob will find out and I won't. We also have names picked out, but as in the past, we will keep them secret until the baby is born.
Posted by JJ at 9:38 AM
Ok so I have to share 7 random things about myself. Here goes.......
1. I like the smell of coffee, even though I would never drink it.
2. I love to read all kinds of books and will often ignore my kids to read.
3. I still take naps during the day with my two little kids and although I can use pregnancy as an excuse now, I've been taking them since Sterling was born and have never stopped.
4. I love songs, movies and books that make me cry, but there aren't many that do. And I hate to cry in front of others.
5. I am very opinionated and will debate and discuss any issue I care about with anyone at anytime. And I'll always think that I'm right no matter what the other person says. After all, I am a Balsmeier and have been granted the incredible power of knowing everything!
6. I can never understand that there are people who don't believe the Church is true. After all, it all fits together so perfectly and makes sense and is supported in the scriptures. I wonder how others can't see that. At least Rob had the good sense to know it was true! It must have been my incredible example that convinced him of it. Right hon?! Err...ummm...maybe not.
7. I actually like labor (as in childbirth, not as in work!). I like to know that I can get through it without any medication although I have no opinions that everyone should or can or should even want to do that! I like feeling everything during labor and the subsequent adrenaline rush when it's all over and you have a perfect little baby to show for it.
I'll spare anyone from being tagged, but if you want to do this be my guest!
Posted by JJ at 9:12 AM